Teknicks is looking for a SEO Specialist with 2-3 years of SEO experience for their SEO agency office in Bay Head, NJ. In this role, the specialist will take the lead on technical analysis, keyword research, on-page optimization, competitive analysis, reporting and general deliverable management for assigned accounts.
Working with the Sr. Director of SEO and other team members, the SEO Specialist will provide support to insure that the business and delivery goals of the engagement are fully met and consistently exceed client expectations. Typical activities will include running client meetings, analyze and develop insights & action-items for account performance reporting, strategy for link acquisition, keyword research, on-page optimization, technical analysis, SEO consultation and some social media activity. The SEO Specialist will also help lead the functional team for execution of client deliverables and SEO training of team members on SEO agency best practices (new hires and on-going).
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in SEO fundamentals, and be willing to match their expertise with the Teknicks process and philosophy. This person should be comfortable with all aspects of internet marketing, but be passionate about SEO. Also be very organized...this role keeps the day to day life of the engagement smooth. The candidate should be prepared to share their view of SEO and explain previous client or company successes (strategy, process, results) during the interview process.
- Analyze, develop and execute strategy as related to SEO
- Produce SEO deliverables
- Keyword Research
- On-Page optimization
- Link acquisition strategy
- Technical analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Develop client performance insights and action items
- Search data analysis
- HTML, php, asp. jsp coding where applicable
- Client presentation of deliverables
- Participate in SEO related client calls
- Function and flourish working with a team and clients in multiple time zones
- Educate clients on best SEO agency practices and overall education of SEO
- Stay up to date and transfer knowledge of best practices and latest developments in SEO
- A "Can Do" Attitude
- Be a self-starter
- High Level of Organization
- A Great Sense of Humor
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of SEO agency experience
- Previous digital agency experience preferred
- Previous experience executing SEO campaigns for large brands / sites
- Additional online marketing experience preferred (SEM, social, email, display)
- Experience with keyword research/data mining tools and competitive analysis
- Presentation capabilities and comfort meeting with clients in person and by phone
- Knowledge of HTML required
- CSS, Java-script, Flash, AJAX and/or other rich media technologies for web design and web application development a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages (.php, .aspx, .jsp) a plus
- Previous experience with site migrations a huge plus
- Solid understanding of redirects, user-agent detect scripting, XML sitemap feeds and other related technical tactics
- Previous link optimization / acquisition (link building) experience
- Understanding of Content Management Systems and the issues they create for search preferred
- Understanding web analytics software (Coremetrics, Omniture, Google Analytics)
- Content strategy as it relates to search and the consumer decision process
- Excellent knowledge of search engine criteria / algorithms
- Ability to manage and communicate SEO as a business strategy
- Experience integrating SEO into other marketing channels (SEM, social, display, offline)
- Experience in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project)
- SEMPO (Advanced SEO) certification a huge plus
In order to be considered for this position, please include the following information when contacting us. Submissions that do not contain the requested information and duplicate submissions will not be considered for employment. If you are interested in multiple positions, please only submit your information once and be sure to include specific details about your relevant work experience for each position.
- A cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position
- Your current resume
- Specific examples of how you have successfully managed an SEO campaign to drive measurable success. This should include how you did a site analysis, writing recommendations, the methodology you utilized, as well as how you reported on the results to quantify that success.
- Your requested salary range
Please note this position is located in the Point Pleasant Beach, NJ office and Teknicks does not offer relocation assistance or telecommuting options at this time.